Thursday, October 11, 2007

plantar fasciitis [heel pain]

the irony is, sitting down and keeping my feet up makes it feel worse. wearing flip flops was probably the cause, but exacerbated by the job on my feet, the extra forty pounds, my achingly lovely high arches.

at first it was a sharp pain through my right heel, then it felt like I'd bruised it somehow, so I wore real shoes again, then I wore inserts and suddenly both feet were affected, then I began to walk funny from the inserts sliding about. the ache became a throb, which became a phantom amputation.

the list of remedies is short, but sometimes amusing (I was instructed to roll a tennis ball under my arches every morning, only to have the tennis ball lost under the cavern of my bed...) but mostly I am struck by the horror that my body is slowly deteriorating and I have nothing to show for it, other than I don't really look my age (but fuck, I feel it).

yeah.

No comments: