Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Meet Ralph:


The first day I got Ralph, I planned on taking him home right away. It had been a long week and Ralph was my reward. I coddled him like a child and was generally very excited about his arrival into my life.

I was so thrilled by Ralph that I called my friend walter to meet us for a drink at Raven's (on the patio, so Ralph could continue to enjoy "fresh air") and walter happily obliged. We then decided to go to Ranalli's for "one" martini since tracie was working and it had been a while since I'd seen her (my relentless days of boozing seem to be waning!).

Well...one martini is never enough! So of course, I stayed at the bar all night until it closed and poor Ralph was subjected to second hand smoke, lecherous stares, confused questions and other bar offenses. It was proven: given the opportunity to care for another life, I will force that oxygen loving thing into the darkness and smoke.

Ralph was shuffled from one place to another until he finally reached the warmth of his home. And there he just looked like he belonged. Our plan is to get him a bigger pot and watch him grow through winter...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ralph is cute, and looks very healthy too !! LOL

stine said...

yeah, he's fairly touchable as well.

the second you come within reaching distance, your hand just reaches out timidly and then it becomes a complusive movement, until you realize that you are stroking a plant and cooing at it like a baby.

he's great.

Anonymous said...

Sounds better then most men I come in contact with on a daily basis!! HAHAHHA!!