Wednesday, October 08, 2008

hair today...

As a person with an ample head of hair, I have the luxury of being able to alter my hairstyle with dramatic results. I have been a redhead, a blonde, a brunette, a bob, a sleek shoulder length, a mop of wavy curls. This time, my criteria was simple. No more ponytail.

Now that summer is over and I don't have to worry about humidity for at least six months, I figure it's time to commit to blow drying and flat ironing. I don't even really work that early in the morning anymore. And it was raining yesterday when I got my haircut, so we left it curly and it looked pretty good. It actually looked better curly than it did today all blown out and straight.

Strangely, my hair cut has done something I did not expect. It makes me look kind of grown up. And it sort of really suits me.

Most of the time when I have a hair style it's just not quite right. I envy those women who have found their cut, the one that is wash and go, looks great every day; good for them, I say. I still don't think this is the hair for me (it feels a little soccer mom), but I'm happy for the change.

No comments: